Racers will first need to go through a Time-Attack phase that will take place online with a maximum of 1,200 slots. Participants will race from the comfort of their own home around Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya using the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept ‘18.
Each racer will have 15-minutes of setting up and warm up before beginning 30-minutes of time-trial as they try to set their fastest lap. Once the time is up, our marshals will record each racer’s official fastest time to be included in the masterlist.
After the qualifying rounds and all racers have recorded their fastest time, the top 40 racers with the fastest times will then move on to the Quarter Finals.
Rules – ONLINE QUALIFIERS OPEN TIME-ATTACK
- Malaysians ages 16 and above.
- Online registration only. First come first served basis.
- Owners of a PlayStation®4 console, PSN Network and a copy of ‘Gran Turismo Sport’, who have unlocked or purchased the necessary cars in-game.
- Challenge is open to Racing Simulator Wheel, Joystick or Keyboard players.
- Players are only allowed to join the Qualifier a maximum of two times.
- Employees and agents of the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and divisions, participating promotional partners, and their respective employees are not eligible to participate in the tournament and win.
|Qualifier 1:||21 August 2021, Saturday|
|Qualifier 2:||22 August 2021, Sunday|
|Qualifier 3:||23 August 2021, Monday|
|Qualifier 4:||24 August 2021, Tuesday|
|Qualifier 5:||25 August 2021, Wednesday|
|Qualifier 6:||26 August 2021, Thursday|
|Qualifier 7:||27 August 2021, Friday|
|Qualifier 8:||28 August 2021,Saturday|
|Qualifier 9:||29 August 2021, Sunday|
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
The top 40 fastest times from the Online Qualifying Time-Attack will be invited to a race in a two-day online event where they will first be seeded and drawn into four groups of 10, blitzing through Brands Hatch in the GR Yaris RZ, and only 5 racers from the four groups will move on to the Semi Finals.
|Quarter-final 1||4 SEPTEMBER 2021, SATURDAY|
|Quarter-final 2||5 SEPTEMBER 2021, SUNDAY|
The top 20 fastest times from the Quarter-Finals will be invited to race in a thriller where they will be separated into two groups of 10, and race across two tracks using two Toyota cars. Only the top 10 racers will move on to the Grand Final scheduled to take place immediately the following day.
|Semi-final||18 SEPTEMBER 2021, SATURDAY|
|Location: To be announced|
The 10 finalists will go wheel-to-wheel in a thrilling Best-of-Three races, with each race carrying points. While the stakes will be high so will the element of surprise as race formats are announced just minutes before each race. The racer with the highest points will be crowned Toyota GR Velocity’s 2021 champion and represent Malaysia in the GR GT Cup Asia Pacific Regional Qualifier.
GRAND FINAL DATE
|Grand Final:||19 SEPTEMBER 2021, SUNDAY|
|Location: To be announced|